Hey There! Happy Friday. Hope your St. Patrick’s Day was lovely. We had corned beef, cabbage, carrots, and (bread machine made) rye bread to celebrate!
Wasn’t sure if I was going to get this blog entry done today or not. Which wouldn’t have been a major travesty, except it would have been the first time that a Friday Finds wasn’t published since this little bit blog was created. Can you imagine?!
Anyway, here are my Friday Finds:
We’ll start out with two things that I’m loving right now:
- Girl With a Dragon Tattoo — Oh my gosh, you guys MUST read this!! Go out, right now, and borrow or buy or whatever it takes to get you this book — this is a gripping read set in Sweden and it’s got mystery, romance, intrigue, a real thriller. It’s the first book in a three part series and my plan is to read them one right after the other.
- Speaking of reading, thanks in part, to my growing another year old I’m now the proud owner of Amazon’s Kindle — this is an electronic book reader and it’s amazing. I’m a big fan of books (have a masters in library science as evidence), but the Kindle is so light and portable and there’s no glare. If you are at all interested in e-readers, give this one a go – you won’t be disappointed.
- We’ve made progress on our vegetable garden. Yes, we purchased a raised bed kit (!!!), but there is a tremendous amount that is still left to learn. I liked this post from Amalah talking about her vegetable container garden.
- Good Life Eats highlighted these St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Slice and Bake Cookies. I think these are adorable. We’ve got another birthday coming up and I’m thinking these might make a pretty favor using the birthday girl’s favorite colors.
- We’re a little Good Life Eats heavy this week, but I wanted to share their little tutorial on how to put two toned frosting on cupcakes — very helpful. I think this is the method I may use for the upcoming birthday. I’ve been given strict instructions about the need for both pink AND purple cupcakes!
- The Kitchn has a group of links/pictures/tutorials that you might find interesting if you like to can.
There you have it — Friday Finds for the week. Hope your weekend is a good one!
Thanks for reading!