QuickVeggie Garden Update: I’m in a holding pattern. I designed the garden based on an awesome program from GrowVeg.com that allows you to easily design your own garden. The best part about the software is that it’s free for 30 days (and they don’t take your credit card number to automatically charge it on day 31). I printed my GrowVeg.com plan and gave it to a Master Gardener friend who thought my plan was a bit ambitious — see pic below. So I’m going to have to scale it down a bit.
In other news, many other blogs seem to have some rhythm to them. For example, on Fridays SouleMama has a feature called this moment where she posts a single picture. I haven’t quite figured out the pattern of my posts — but I would like to start something I’m calling: Friday Finds.
Not a terribly creative name (any ideas?), but I think on Fridays I’ll use this space to share links that relate to all the things we discuss here in this lovely space known as figgs and such!
OK — drum roll….
Here are my Friday finds for the week:
- This homemade heart shaped birdfeeder from Alpha Mom looks easy to make and just in time for Valentines!
- Just in time for this weekend’s big Bears vs. Packers game – The Motherload shares a yummy sounding cheese ball recipe. Go Bears!
- I know Christmas is far away, but aren’t these photo ornaments from sycamore stirrings so cute? I bet the grandparents would really enjoy them.
- How about fried candy bars? This recipe from Claire Robinson looks really yummy, but what about all those calories?
- Caramel apple cider in a crock pot? I’m game. Thanks, A Year of Slow Cooking!
That’s it for now. Hope you and yours have a wonderful weekend!
Any of these Friday Finds appeal to you?
By the way, I’m so loving this blog. Thanks so much for reading and especially for commenting (I get ridiculously excited about each and every single one).